Commercial Auto Insurance
Auto insurance isn’t just for families. Companies that own or rent vehicles need insurance as well. There are several reasons why you should consider acquiring commercial auto insurance for your company.
Here are some things that commercial auto insurance can help you with:
- Auto repair if your commercial vehicles are damaged in a collision.
- Liability and court costs if you are sued by a third party.
- Medical costs for anyone harmed in an auto accident.
Basically, it handles a lot of the same issues that personal auto insurance does, but it’s meant to keep your business running smoothly.
You can’t beat the peace of mind that commercial auto insurance will buy you. However, your peace can easily be tainted if you don’t understand your insurance. Here are a few questions that you should ask your insurance company about your commercial auto insurance:
- How much coverage do I have? You need to make sure that you have enough coverage to take care of anything that might happen to your vehicles or your employees. However, having too much coverage is just as bad. You don’t want to pay for coverage that you don’t need. SOGO suggests that you get a professional to appraise your business and help you find out how much commercial auto insurance you need.
- What is covered under my policy? Every insurance company is different. Some companies may not offer to cover you in the case of certain auto accidents. Other companies may only offer limited liability coverage. It’s important that you know what you are paying for so that you are not caught unawares after an accident occurs.
- How often should I update my policy? The professionals at SOGO recommend that you have a professional reevaluate your business at least once a year. This includes your commercial vehicles. You may need to have a reevaluation sooner if your business is expanding or changing. Set up a meeting with your insurance agent if you’ve made any changes to your businesses’ vehicles, e.g. bought more vehicles, added a lot of miles to your vehicles’ routes, etc.
- What discounts are available? Most insurance companies offer a wide variety of discounts for their clients. Some discounts may be based on how big your business is, where it is located, or many other factors. Make sure to ask your insurance agent if you qualify for any special discounts.
- What is the claims process? It is essentially important that you understand your insurance companies’ claims process. Your knowledge of the process could mean the difference between a quick or a lengthy recovery for your business. Write down important information, like who to call to make a claim, what the next step will be, and how much time the claims process will take. Keep this information somewhere safe and easily accessible.
The professionals at SOGO want to make sure that you find the right Commercial Auto Insurance for your businesses. Call us today to receive the help that you deserve.