Employee Benefits Liability
This insurance provides errors and omission coverage for employers in regards to employee benefits. Here are some of the insurances when this type of insurance can protect you. Employee Benefits Liability is usually covered under General Business Liability or through fiduciary Liability Coverage. However, it does not handle the same cases.
The professionals at SOGO suggest that you contact your insurance agent to make sure that your liability coverage includes protection from this type of liability. Common instances where you need Employee Benefits Liability include a failure to inform employees about certain benefits available to them or a clerical error that leaves your employee without the coverage they deserve.
Here are some things that you need to ask your insurance company to make sure that you and your business are protected against this type of liability:
- Is this type of coverage included in my general liability policy?You may not need to worry about protecting yourself specifically against this type of liability if you are already covered. Your insurance agent will know how to make sure that you’re protected. Ask them if you need to purchase any addition insurance.
- How much legal support will I receive?Legal support is a big part of liability insurance. Your insurance company should provide you with a lawyer and the funds to protect yourself against claims brought to court. Don’t wait until you need legal assistance. You need to know if your insurance company will stand behind you in court.
- What types of errors or omissions would be covered under this coverage? Make sure that your business’ entire employee benefits package and all of your employees are covered under this insurance. Sit down with a professional to make sure that there are no holes in your coverage. Don’t assume that you something that isn’t covered will never harm you. Employee Benefits Liability should be able to protect you and your employees from any claim that may arise.
- What are the limits of the policy? ? Employee Benefits Liability may not be able to cover all of the expenses that you or your employee are forced to pay. There will likely be limits on how much you will receive for court costs, as well as how much money your employee are entitled to. Know your policies limitations inside and out if you don’t want to be surprised in the future.
- What is the claims process?We can’t tell you enough how important it is to know your insurance company’s claims process. Find out who you need to call, when you need to report a claim, what information your insurance company will need, what the next step will be, and how long the entire process will take. Keep this information in a safe, easily accessible place.
Our goal is to make sure that all of our clients find the right insurance coverage for the right price. Call us today if you have any questions about Employee Benefits Liability.