If you run a small business, you may not be able to take care of payroll yourself. This is where payroll services can come in handy. The main purpose of payroll services is to take care of employee paychecks. However, some services do offer more assistance. Here are some things that payroll services might be able to help you with:
- Employee benefits
- Taxes and official records
- Financial records
- Employee hours and paid time off
- Hiring new employees
Not all payroll services will offer the services listed above. We understand how important this decision is to your business. Here are some things that you need to ask yourself when considering if you need to hire a payroll service:
- Do you or one of your employees have a background in accounting? It will be easier to handle payroll yourself if you have a background in accounting. That doesn’t mean that you don’t need help with other services. If you don’t have years of experience with payroll and filing taxes, then you should look into hiring a payroll service.
- Do you need help with other things like employee benefits? Some payroll services may offer you help with paid time off and 401k plans. They may even offer to help you find new employees. Make sure to ask what each financial service can offer you. Sit down and make a list of what you need. Take advantage of any services that are offered.
- Do you need help filing taxes or keeping records? You shouldn’t take chances when it comes to official documents like taxes and financial records. Payroll services will take care of all of that for you. Some things are better left in professional hands. Again, you might be able to handle things on your own if you have a background in accounting, but don’t take this decision lightly.
- How much do you have to spend on payroll services? It seems to always come back to this. You need to know what your business needs before you research payroll services. If your needs and your funds don’t line up, then you might have to make a few compromises. A professional will be able to help you make these decisions.
The professionals at SOGO understand how important this decision is for your business. You don’t have to navigate the complicated financial world alone. Contact us if you need help deciding if a payroll service is right for your company.