We understand that your motorcycle is as important to you as your car. It might be even more important. That is why you need to make sure that you have the right motorcycle insurance policy.
We want you to be able to get the best insurance for the best price. We put together a list of what you should ask an insurance company before settling on a plan:
- Do you bundle vehicles or will I need a separate plan for my car and motorcycle? Different auto insurance companies will offer you different plans. While some companies may not offer motorcycle insurance, they may be able to cover all of your vehicles under one plan. Make sure to ask what type of motorcycle plans your auto insurance company offers.
- Do you offer custom plans? Some insurance companies may offer you custom plans, while others will only offer set plans. Custom plans will allow you the freedom that you need to get exactly the kind of coverage that you need. Pre-set plans are not bad, but they do not offer much flexibility. Be sure to weigh your options before making a final decision.
- How much coverage do you offer? An important aspect to choosing a plan is based on how much coverage will be offered in the event that your motorcycle gets damaged. Typical plans will cover anywhere from $5,000 to over a $100,000 worth of coverage. The more you pay, the more coverage you will acquire.
- What types of coverage do you offer? Just like vehicle insurance policies, not all motorcycle policies offer total coverage. You need to ask your insurance company what types of coverage they offer. You need to take auto accidents, natural disasters, theft, and vandalism into account when searching for a motorcycle insurance plan. Your company will not pay for anything that is not listed on your policy.
- Are there any hidden stipulations or qualifications? Some insurance companies may only insure certain types, makes, or models of bikes. Also, insurance companies might only offer you coverage as long as you do not go over a certain number of miles. Make sure that you understand your entire policy and any stipulations.
As always, SOGO Wealth & Risk Management is here to help you make sense of the insurance world. We want to make sure that you get the coverage you need and deserve.